Berliner Weisse, Geuze, Flemish Red & Brown Ales, American Sour Ales Profile:
Unlike most lactic acid bacteria used in brewing, Lactobacillus brevis will tolerate higher levels of IBUs in wort. 5223 will produce alcohol along with lactic acid during fermentation. Excellent for remixing the profile in a Lambic-style or Flanders sour ale, or for kettle souring wort for a balanced Berliner Weisse.
Consider adding the yeast fuel option.
- Attenuation: N/A
- Flocculation: N/A
- Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 60-95°F (16-35°C)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 9% ABV
BrewVint Yeast Fuel is one of the finest all-natural yeast nutrient blends available. It is an AHS exclusive, and does not contain processed nutrient salts. Its powder form is easily utilized by yeast.
BrewVint Yeast Fuel will:
- Reduce fermentation time.
- Impart no off-flavors.
- Provide nutrients often lacking in wort.
- Provide lipids and amino acids which are beneficial for yeast.
Usage: Use one capsule per 5 gallon batch added at the last 15 minutes of the boil.