One of WineMaker magazine's top 100 wine kits for 2014.
Selection International with Grape skins allow the winemaker to choose a country of origin kit with excellent varietal character, bold flavors and aromas and full-bodied tannins, all in a wine that drinks well young and rewards patience.
Italy's most powerful wine, Amarone is renowned as a fruity, full-bodied, with rich intensity from the dried grapeskins included in the fermentation. Winexpert's Selection International Italian Amarone with Grape Skins is an intense, complex wine, with a wide array of flavors and aromas. Deep, nearly opaque red, this heavyweight exudes aromas of sour cherries, dark chocolate, stewed plums, dried fruits, anise, raisins, bitter almond, tobacco, leather and molasses, and has a spicy-earthy bittersweet finish that goes on and on, from the huge volume of tannins.
Oak Intensity: Medium
- Makes 6 gallons
- 18 liters in total - 16.4 liters of juice and concentrate; 1.6 liters of grape skins
- Bolder flavors, richer color, and enhanced aromas and tannins
- A complex profile with layered flavors
- Six week winemaking schedule
- Drinkable at 3 months of age, with potential for cellaring
- 30 bottle labels included