Deluxe Cheese Press
Handcrafted to last a lifetime, this Deluxe Cheese Press is the perfect choice for easily pressing a variety of delicious homemade hard cheeses such as Cheddar, Gouda, Parmesan, Monterey Jack and even more! The base is constructed of hard maple wood and comes equipped with rubber feet to protect your kitchen counter. The amount of pressure being applied is easily regulated with a stainless steel gauge that measures anywhere from 0 - 80 lbs. Not only is this press easy to use, it looks amazing in your kitchen as well!
Deluxe Cheese Press Features:
- Cheese Press
- Stainless Steel Cheese Mold (2-4 lb. Cheese)
- Rectangular Polypropylene Follower
- Circular Polypropylene Follower
- Stainless Steel Separating Disc/Follower
- Stainless Steel Drip Tray
- Also Includes 3 FREE Cultures! Start making cheese today!
Made in the USA! Comes assembled and ready to use.
Proper Press Weights:
Follow the instructions for making your particular cheese to set the proper pressing weight. However, sometimes this can lead to over or under pressing, due to the changes in the final cheese moisture or fat content. Some ways to recognize this are:
- OVER PRESSING can be recognized by an excessive amount of cloudy or milky whey or perhaps even butterfat leaking with the draining whey or on the surface of the cheese when turning. Higher fat cheese also requires less weight in the early pressing stages when butterfat is still in a liquid state.
- UNDER PRESSING can be recognized by open curd spaces on the rind or excessive open spaces in the body of the cheese. Under pressing will leave unconsolidated curds in the final cheese.
- If you notice a tight smooth rind with open spaces in the cheese body, this can be an indication of excessive press weight. This excessive press weight initially sealing the surface and trapping moisture inside. This is typically results in a cheese leaking moisture in the aging room.
*Please Note: When unpacking the press, the scale may not read '0'. This might be the result of spring being compressed during shipping. This is easily fixed by simply releases and removing the locking blocks and allowing the springs to decompress. Do not store your Deluxe Cheese Press with the springs compressed. There is a small amount of movement in the scale strip. This can be adjusted, slightly, to reach the '0' setting by loosening the attaching screw, adjusting the the strip, and re-tightening the screw. Spring and scale strips are specifically designed to work together for the proper press weight.