BrewBuilt™ Brewing Kettle - Tri Clamp with Ball Valve
- Welded 1.5" tri-clamp ports for a lifetime of leak-free use
- 304 stainless steel construction with mirror polish finish
- Induction burner compatible
- Notched lid provides cover while not interfering with immersion chillers, hop bags, or other accessories
- Ball valve hardware pack included so you have everything you need to start brewing immediately!
Designed for Brewing. Built to Last. BrewBuilt brew kettles are made from 304 stainless steel and offer an unparalleled mix of features for the price. At the very top of the list are two welded-in place tri-clamp couplers that offer a lifetime of leak free use. As you can imagine, welding in a coupler costs more than punching a hole and using a gasketed (i.e. weld-less) fitting. Welded fittings offer a permanent connection that to us is worth every penny. The second unique feature that we absolutely love about these brew kettles is the notched lid with silicone plug. This notch allows you so much flexibility; you can use an immersion chiller, an Ultimate Sparge Arms for mashing, tie off hop bags, take a temp reading during cooling, or whatever else we all can dream up.
The new T.C. kettles were designed to keep pace with the ever-evolving world of brewing technology. Tri-clamp fittings are standard fare in professional breweries, and they’ve been widely adopted in homebrewing as T.C. fermenters and pumps become more affordable and widely available.
With the ball valve hardware pack, you'll have everything you need to use the kettle on Day 1. The advantage of this model is that you're getting a fully functional kettle and the lowest cost. The disadvantage is that ball valves tend to trap a small amount of wort inside them, so you may need to break it down for cleaning inbetween brew days.
Ball Valve Pack Includes:
-This Brew Kettle has a lot to offer...
- 1/2" Ball Valve
- 2 x Tri-Clamps
- 2 x Tri-Clamp Gaskets
- T.C. to 1/2" MPT adapter
- 1/2" MPT x 5/8" Barb
- T.C. End Cap (for plugging thermometer port)
- Teflon Tape
Some other features we dig include the internal volume markers from the bottom to the top - so handy for instant reads. The silicone sleeved handles on the kettle and the lid are a cool feature to protect your hands. The tri-clad bottom with a 4mm core of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel offers even heat distribution during the boil and also makes it a perfect choice for anyone wanting to use an induction burner.
-Beefy 304 Stainless
These kettles are made from 304 grade stainless steel. That means you will have fewer corrosion issues than with a kettle made from lower grade 201 type stainless. These kettles went through a corrosive salt water test and they passed with flying colors. The rivets and riveted handles are also made of stainless steel for a long-term, trouble-free life. The 10 and 15 gallon size are made from 1.0mm thick stainless steel. The 20, 30 and 50 gallon size are made with 1.2mm stainless - that's pretty thick stuff - and you will know it when you pick one up. The included ball valve is a two piece design that allows for easy cleaning (these are preferred over 3 piece for ease of assembly) and is also made from 304 stainless.
-Mirror Polish Finish
The mirror polish finish isn’t just for making your social media feed pop! This extra slick finish is much easier to clean and sanitize than a standard brushed stainless kettle. Hop trub and other organic solids left behind after a brew day will have a hard time clinging to the interior surface and scrub away with ease.
-Size Ratios and Stuff
All the BrewBuilt kettles follow the recent trend to a 1.2:1 ratio where the height is 1.2 times the diameter. This is a proven commercial ratio that has been adopted in homebrewing to achieve a more consistent 10% evaporation rate during the boil. We do like this ratio for boiling. For Mashing we would prefer a little bit shallower but that is a small compromise. Dimensions for a hot-liquor tank, if you are thinking brewing system down the road, are irrelevant as any ratio kettle will do.
With welded tri-clamp fittings, mirror polish finish, a bunch of cool features, and a solid, thick 304 stainless steel core this kettle is a pretty amazing value!
Please Note: Kettle may dropship from vendor which can cause a delay in shipping
- Two welded T.C. couplers for a lifetime of leak free use
- Notched lid with silicone plug for flexibility
- 304 Stainless construction for longevity
- 1.0mm (10 & 15 gal) or 1.2mm (20, 30 & 50 gal) thick side walls resist denting
- 4mm Tri-Clad Aluminum bottom sandwiched between two layers of stainless steel for no scorching
- Internally etched volume markers from top to bottom for easy reading
- Silicone coated handles for heat protection
- 1.2:1 Ratio is optimal for boiling evaporation rate
- Lid is designed to conveniently hang from a handle
- Stainless handles with stainless rivets for secure lifting